Northworks is a full-service design firm, with offices in Philadelphia, Chicago, San Francisco, and Jackson, WY. We are seeking dynamic Interior Designers to join our Chicago studio, as well as work directly with colleagues at our other locations. The associate will assist the Director of Interiors with project management and visualization in our growing practice, and the position will offer the experience of working in a collaborative environment with architects & designers on high-end residential and commercial projects across the country.
The ideal candidate should be well versed in interior design, organized, and possess an enthusiasm to learn in the interior design field. Candidate must exhibit an ability to generate photorealistic digital models and renderings, and manage multiple project deadlines.
- Model building and rendering of interior and exterior scenes.
- Assist with sourcing FFE and inputting into presentations and schedules.
- Space planning and elevations in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Communicate with vendors for quotes and purchases.
- Create and maintain PO’s, invoices and tracking orders.
- Attend site visits and assist in installations.
- Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience
- Strong rendering skills with proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup, and Adobe Creative Suite. Proficiency with Revit and Enscape a plus.
- Excellent graphic, verbal and written communication skills
- Can work seamlessly with remote colleagues and clients in a collaborative, creative environment
- Sense of humor and positive outlook
About Northworks Architects and Planners
Northworks is a Chicago-based full service architecture and planning firm, with offices in Jackson, WY, San Francisco and Philadelphia. Our team offers new building design, historic preservation, site planning, construction management, building conditions analysis and interior design services, including custom furniture. Northworks is LEED accredited and licensed to practice architecture in California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Wisconsin and Wyoming.